I thought I'd jot down what I wish to achieve in 2013:
1. Finally finish my 28mm 1812 -15 Prussians! Most of this army is CALPE miniatures and they are fantasic miniatures. I started painting some of these recently and I must say the are my favorite 28mm miniatures. They almost paint themselves.
2. Complete my ACW armies and start playing Sam Mustafa's 'LONGSTREET'. If this system is as good as Sam's games, MAURICE and LASALLE then 2013 should be a cracking good year.
3. Play at least a few games of SHARP PRACTICE and IABSM (games by the TOO FAT LARDIES).
4. Complete my SAGA Warbands. Normans, and Anglo Danes at this point. Maybe Viking also.
5. Finish building my 28mm Dutch Belgians and Nassau Army for the 100 Days LASALLE campaign.
6. At least get a start on my 28mm 1813 Russians.
7. Finish off my 28mm Trojans. Not sure what rules I want to use with these guys. I'm thinking of some type of modification to the TFL's DUX BRITAINNIARUM but who knows? What ever rule system I use their needs to be some mechanisim that allows for 'Heroic' actions.
8. Paint up some more 15mm Ancients.
9. Finish of my 18mm Dutch Belgians and Bruswickers for the 100 Days
10. Complete my AWI armies in 28mm!
I think that's enough. Certainly ambitious enough.
But what is a post without some pictures?
So here is three photos of some Bavarian and Wurtemburg soldiers that I asked my good buddy Gunner Dunbar to paint for me. These are 'modified' AB miniatures. The Bavarian Guard Grenadiers are Bavarian Line infantry with French Grenadier heads. Not wanting to waste a miniature I then asked Danl to place the Bavarian heads on the now 'headless' French Grenadier torsos in Greatcoats. Consequently I have two rather unique units of Bavarian infantry.
BELOW: Bavarian Guard Grenadiers and a Bavarian Line Regiment in Greatcoats
The other unit is Wurtemburg Guard Light Infantry, (see BELOW). These are simply, (I say simply) with 'green-stuff' epaulettes. Again, another unique unit.
Well that's all for now.
Comments welcomed and HAPPY 2013. Here's hoping your 2013 is better than 2012.