Books I have read and recommend.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Visit to WAR AND PEACE GAMES.

 Hi Guys
Well its been hectic.
My wife has started University studies in Sydney, so it was pack up our house in Canberra and head north.
It did however lead to an opportunity to visit WAR AND PEACE GAMES.
War and Peace are a Postal Orders / Online Shop working out of the Central Coast north of Sydney.
What struck me when I took up John's invite to "Pop in and visit us" was how very well stocked they were.
As you can see there are racks upon racks of stock to be had.
Long story short I left with a few packs of Perry Metals and some fantastic 4Ground Buildings in both 28mm and 1/72nd scale.
I also grabbed a box of AGEMA Miniatures Roman Republic Velites simply because I'd never heard of this manufacturer before. A quick look in the box and I was quite impressed with what I saw and 16 figs for $18.00 AUD seemed reasonable to me.
I'll do a review of these miniature shortly.
 The guys are running a very slick and professional operation.
 BELOW: My host John. He's grinning I suspect because I've just explained I'd need to sell a kidney after smashing my wallet.
 I'd recommend you consider WAR AND PEACE GAMES when thinking about stocking up on anything from Miniatures, Rules, terrain, paints and all manner of wargame supplies.
Cheers
Scott

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to see the bricks and mortar, so to speak, behind the website. I have ordered from them several times in the past. Good service to NZ.

Monty said...

Sweet! I'd love a place like this.

On the local scene, our B & M stores have given up entirely on historical minis.

Slowpainter said...

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the kind comments. We do try and run an efficient company as we are mainly distributors dealing with retail stores however the website is for wargamers who can't get the products locally.
Glad that you liked our little operation. We were actually a little under-stocked when you visited as we were still recovering from Cancon.
And as a man with only one kidney I can assure you that the 2nd one is only taking up space. You may as well sell it!

Paul O'G said...

I had the pleasure of visiting Ian's Aladdin's cave last year. I couldn't stop drooling either :-)