Books I have read and recommend.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Melbourne LITTLE WARS 2009


(Allied troops marching into position; and French Carabiniers in full flight! All part of one of the FANTASTIC demo games at Little Wars '09)

Well, I had a great time a Little Wars! So much to see and do. In the morning I played a few turns of "Hold The Weather Gauge", a Napoleonic Naval Game; (I think that's what it was called). Anyway; Great fun! Here we see two of my Spanish "Man-o-war" blazing away at a RN 3rd Rate.
I'm sad to say my Spanish ships were soon blown out of the water by the Royal Navy, (so nothing new there). I must have enjoyed the game though, 'cause I was soon over at the Olympian Games Stand and the Bring And Buy Stall buying some GHQ Micro-Naught Napoleonic Ships! They will go nicely with the LANGTON Ships I purchased a few days ago.In the afternnon I played a few turns of Fast Play Grande Armee, (or FPGA for short). What a great set of rules they are! And FREE for download. Here is a picture from the FPGA game:
A highlight of the day was the re-fight of the battle that raged around La Hay Saint (Waterloo 1815) in 28mm. Fantastic terrain and stunning figurines. Suitably impressed I'm now inspired to redouble my efforts to have my Victrix and Perry Napoleonic figures painted. (Above we see the French Gunners in action, and below we see a photo of the French massing to assault the Anglo-Allied line):






No comments: